FESTIVAL PHOTOGRAPHY IN CHICAGO
Street festivals and other festivals in Chicago have really grown over the years. What typically starts as a small gathering can, over time and with plentiful vendors and attractions, become a very large street festival in just a few years. There is no better way to promote your Chicago neighborhood festival than with high quality festival photography. An image truly is worth 1,000 words, and in today’s digital age you should have numerous high quality photos on your festival’s website to attract more visitors to the event.
Check out Chicago’s wide assortment of festivals, parades, concerts, street fairs, and social events on the calendar at ChicagoNow.com found here.
Festival photography taken by a professional festival photographer in Chicago can add so much value in terms of increasing your visitor count and building the festival’s brand. You can use the professional festival photography on websites, social media pages, brochures and marketing materials. Professional festival photography for just one festival can be used and reused over many years to promote the event. Hiring a Chicago festival photographer can substantially increase revenues over the long term, creating invaluable marketing material for promotions and future events.
POPULAR FESTIVALS AND EVENTS IN CHICAGO
As mentioned above, there are so many festivals and fun events in Chicago that they are too numerous to list them all here. However, here are a few of the most popular festivals and popular events in the Chicago area:
- Lincoln Park Greek Fest
- Navy Pier Summer Fireworks
- Belmont-Sheffield Music Festival
- Hyde Park Brew Fest
- Ravinia Festival
- Wicker Park’s Green Music Fest
- Andersonville Midsommarfest
- Spring Awakening Music Festival
- Old Town Art Fair
- Wells Street Art Festival
- Millennium Park Summer Music Series
- Grant Park Music Festival
- Taste of Randolph
- Chicago Pride Fest
- Gold Coast Art Fair
- Chicago Air & Water Show
WHAT SHOULD BE PHOTOGRAPHED?
Your Chicago festival photographer should photograph everything. If they are there anyway, you might as well capture as many photos as you can, as you may have uses for all of them later. Shoot the vendors or musicians setting up. Capture the surrounding area and behind the scenes photos. Most importantly, capture people and the crowd!
You want to capture as much as possible throughout the whole festival from beginning to end. Try to tell a story. What makes this festival unique from others that are similar? Tell a story that tries to encompass the theme of the festival, the neighborhood, and the people there. Capture the different food choices available and booth offerings there. And again, don’t forget to capture the most important parts that will also serve as the best photos for marketing – the people!
WHY YOU NEED A CHICAGO FESTIVAL PHOTOGRAPHER
If you want high quality, professional festival photography, you definitely want to go with a professional photography company to do it. Here are multiple reasons why hiring a professional special event photographer for Chicago festivals is your best bet:
- Large crowds can be difficult to navigate through to capture the best photos. A professional photographer has experience doing this
- Festival photography that is of high quality requires expensive equipment and a lot of experience to get it right
- Festivals typically are both during the day and evening hours, and a professional Chicago festival photography company will have plenty of experience with environments with different lighting
- If you are one of the festival planners, you will likely have way too much going on to take photography of the event
- Editing and Retouching the photos after the event is no easy feat and requires an experienced professional to edit them properly so you have the very best images
- An experienced Chicago photographer will know the best angles and ways to take the photos so they turn out great
- Some photographers also perform video services and can create an event highlight video for your festival or event.
CHICAGO FESTIVAL PHOTOGRAPHY COMPANY
Chicago Corporate Photography and Video has over 20 years of experience in festival photography and all types of other events, both corporate and noncorporate. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago in the building at 900 N. Michigan Avenue, we are very close to all areas in the city and not far from the surrounding suburbs. Our festival photographers are friendly, professional, and affordable, and will work with you to capture the very best moments of your festival or social event.
Do you have questions about festival photography or would like to discuss adding high quality festival photography to your website, marketing program or social media pages? We’ll be happy to help. Please give us a call at 312-623-3456 or you may Contact Us Here.